1. Drape the tie around your neck. The wide end should extend about 12 inches below the narrow end of the tie.
2. Cross the wide part of the tie over the narrow end.
3. Turn the wide end back underneath the narrow end.
4. Continue wrapping the wide end around the narrow end by bringing it across the front of the narrow end again.
5. Pull the wide end up and through the back of the loop. Hold the front of the tie knot with your index finger and bring the wide end down through the front knot.
6. Tighten the knot carefully to the gills by holding the narrow end. Center the knot.