When you want to tie your bow tie (UK / EU) it isn’t easy to start. To help you we made a list of six steps that will guide you.
1. Make a simple knot with both ends, allowing slightly more length (one or two inches) on the end of A.
2. Lift A out of the way, fold B into the normal bow shape, and position it on the first knot you made.
3. Drop A vertically over folded end B.
4. Then double A back on itself and position it over the knot so that the two folded ends make a cross.
5. The hard part: Pass folded end A under and behind the left side (yours) of the knot, and through the loop behind folded end B.
6. Tighten the knot you have created, straightening any crumples and creases, particularly in the narrow part at the center.
Is it too much trouble? You can also buy a pre-tied bow tie (UK / EU).